Aug 19, 2013

The Highest OM Summit On The Air By SQ9 stations

Thanks to Leszek SQ9MDF for sending me photos from SOTA activation of OM/PO-001 Gerlachovsky stit in High Tatras from August 4, 2013, which is the highest summit in Slovak republic with 2654 m.







While they were almost finishing their activation on 2m at 08:00 UTC, I was climbing on the summit OM/KE-004 Kojsovska hola (1246 m). When I had a visual view on their summit then the QSO handheld-to-handheld + SOTA-to-SOTA was no problem. The first station activating this summit was Jozef OM5CD. He is also in my log from this summit on 2m.


Here is a short video showing my hiking on the summit while listening to Leszek SQ9MDF on Gerlachovsky stit.
The time was 07:57 UTC.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2E8s_m5Xec

I hope to be by the radio when the next HAM will be activating our highest summit again :).

No comments:

Post a Comment