Sep 25, 2021

Slubica OM/KE-007 HF/VHF SOTA Activation 9/2021

I reached the top of the summit  after 1,5 hours. I used a shortcut off the hiking trail. This summit is often used by paragliders for takeoffs and there about 15 people when I came. So I decided to move little bit away from that area. I found nice high stand for hunters in a meadow. It was empty so I used it as my hamshack for about 1 hour. I used 20m dipole and made some contacts:

Since I had tuner with me I was able to tune 20m dipole on 17m. I did not bring 17m dipole with me. I checked 17m band but did not hear not a single station. It seemed like completely closed. But I called some CQs and spotted myself. Then I made nice DX contact with K4DY in the North Carolina. Wow!  My power was 30W the whole time. While I was packing the HF equipment I heard from handheld SP9KUC calling CQ SOTA on 2m. So I changed the antenna to telescopic and called him back. Our QSO distance was pretty nice 117 km.









No comments:

Post a Comment